Shooting on Public Property

Shooting in South Tyrol is trouble-free and unbureaucratic, particularly since there is no need for general shooting permits. Only shoots on public property with substantial adverse effects (i.e. regarding the flow of traffic and residential areas) are subject to authorization. Substantial adverse effects are usually the case when lighting and camera equipment or supply lines have to be installed on public property.

It’s a good idea to contact the responsible authorities in order to assure a trouble-free processing of your needs. In smaller towns, it is often enough to simply contact the local mayor or town clerk’s office. However, in larger cities you’ll have to apply for the so-called “occupation of public property”. For such requests, you will have to provide information about shooting dates, specific areas involved and all potential interferences which may be necessary (i.e. roadblocks, among other things). In the case of changes or the restructuring of buildings, streets, etc. it is recommended to make a personal visit to the appropriate authorities.

© 2016 IDM Südtirol - Alto Adige I VAT No. IT 02521490215 | Endowment capital 5.000.000 €