Whether you are an immigrant or a local returning home, it is necessary to complete some administrative work before you can really settle down into your new life in South Tyrol. EU citizens do not need to bother with a residence permit. Notifying the relevant municipality of your move in a timely manner is a legal requirement, though, as is applying for an Italian driver’s license and obtaining new license plates for vehicles you bring with you.

© 2016 IDM Südtirol - Alto Adige I VAT No. IT 02521490215 | Endowment capital 5.000.000 €